Air Moldova doesn’t accept for transportation big animals in the aircraft cabin.
Pets are not accepted for transportation on Air Moldova flights to/ from Great Britain, Ireland, Portugal and United Arab Emirates due to restrictive local legislation and conditions.
The passenger shall declare to the ticket sales agent his/her intention to transport pets when buying the ticket. The animal weight and weight of the cage and of their meal are not included in the standard free of charge baggage transportation. It is applied a fee of 70 euro for transportation of the pets. Allowed weight of the cage shall not exceed 8 kg, and the total size shall be of 115 cm (25 x 40 x 50).
Acceptance for transportation of pets is done only with the condition that the passenger assumes full responsibility for them signing a special declaration at departure. Air Moldova shall not be liable for injury, loss, or death of the transported pet, as well as non-acceptance to transport to the destination point or through the transit point to the destination point.
If the passenger intends to transport the above mentioned pets:
1. He/she shall provide the following documents:
- Pet passport
- Health certificate
- Vaccination certificate
- Export / import / transit permit
- Animal shall have an electronic identification system (transponder) or a visible tattoo.
Traveling with pets to EU countries
Passengers, traveling with their pets to EU countries from a non-EU country, shall fulfill the EU requirements for pets transportation in accordance with Regulation EC Nr.998/2003, which includes:
- Health Certificate and Declaration, model compliant with Annex IV, EU Regulation nr: 577/2013: The animal shall be accompanied by a veterinary certificate issued by an official veterinarian, authorized by the competent authority of the country, or by an EU type passport in the case of a re-entry of the pet in EU, which will certify the anti-rabies vaccination or revaccination in compliance with this regulation. The health certificate is considered valid for 10 days from the date of the issue. The certificate must also be accompanied by a declaration statement signed by the owner (model compliant with Annex IV, sections A and B, EU Regulation No 577/2013) confirming that the movement of the animal is of a non-commercial nature.
- Anti-rabies Vaccination: The pet must have undergone anti-rabies vaccination no more than 1 year and no less than 30 days prior to arrival. It also must have undergone a blood test to determine the antibody titration confirming the efficiency of anti-rabies vaccination. This test can be carried out at least 30 days after vaccination and 3 months before the journey, in one of the authorized EU laboratory. The pet can travel to EU only if the result of the rabies antibody level test is at least 0,5 IU/ml. Details about EU authorized laboratories can be found:
- Pets that have not undergone the anti-rabies vaccination and a rabies titer blood test and which are less than 7 months old will not be accepted for transportation.
- If the animal fails to meet the entry requirements of EU, the animal may be confiscated by the Border Veterinary Service and immediately returned to its country of origin at the expense of the owner who has brought the animal to EU.
- Certain dog/cat breeds may be declared dangerous or even forbidden for import to certain countries of EU, therefore it is recommended that a passenger shall consult the legislation with regard to the list of forbidden animal breeds before travelling with a pet to EU.
2. Shall take into account the following conditions:
- The animal shall be clean, healthy, harmless; shall not be pregnant; shall not annoy passengers; shall be booked at least with 24 hours before the flight departure with a special code PETC, its weight and size; shall have a suitable cage, i.e. the animal can stay in a natural position, turn around and lie down (except guide dogs); shall be transported in the cabin only and never in the hold; shall not be placed on the seat;
- the maximum weight of the pet, including the cage shall not be more than 8 kg;
- the maximum sum of dimensions shall not be more than 115 cm (25 x 40 x 50);
- the cage shall be well ventilated, securely fastened and made of a strong material that is leak-proof and cannot be easily destroyed by the animal inside it. Cardboard cat boxes are NOT suitable for air transport.